Garage Clothing (Group Dynamite Inc.)
• Increase excitement for the highly anticipated movie, “Twilight” Garage offered consumers a chance “text to win” VIP movie tickets.
• Integrate mobile marketing into traditional print media
• Utilize tracking to compare mobile participation across retail markets (Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Nova Scotia, Toronto)
• Build Garage mobile database for potential on-going communication
• Data capture app
• Real time tracking of contest entries and prize redemption
• Text2Win app
HOW IT WORKED
SoLook Media’s mobile marketing services provided five selected markets across Canada with a different keyword to integrate into their traditional media. “Calls to action” appeared in the large in-store poster located at the Garage store entrance and smaller posters located on the changing room mirrors.
Each keyword tracked the mobile activity of each market, for example consumers in Vancouver responded to “Text STAR to 889988”, while consumers in Toronto responded to “Text TWILIGHT to 889988”. Furthermore, the segmentation of keywords and participants’ area codes allowed for the efficient prizing distribution of local movie theatre passes.